Sunday, May 20, 2012

Angry Man Hates #3: The Prius Owner

As I was driving to work the other day, I noticed that there was a large number of people driving the sweet Toyota Prius.  This fucking thing.  I am not against helping the environment, and I am not against hybrid type cars.  However, I am against douche bags and it seems that most of the people who drive a Prius fall into the that category.  

I know this for a couple of reasons.  First it seems that many Prius Owners have clever bumper stickers (very classy by the way) like "I care about your children's future".  Is that right?  Well, let me tell you that I don't have children your arrogant fuck.  Even if I did, I'm not sure I would want them to grow up in a world that you "helped" create.  Second, every Prius I drive by has some smug asshole with a pretentious shit eating grin on his face like every mile he drives allows an angel to get their wings.
Guy who likely named the Prius

Also, Toyota really missed the boat in naming this thing.  Prius?  What sweet knit cap wearing hipster named this?  Seriously, if you are a guy, try saying Prius out loud without your penis turning into a vagina.  It's not possible.  To be honest you probably won't even try.  It's like saying Candyman in the mirror, You're pretty sure if you do it he won't show up, but you don't want to take that chance.

Another thing is that when you hit the gas pedal to go, it makes this sound...quuuueeeeeeeeeeeeeef.  How could a person with any pride whatsoever be associated with that?

If Toyota had a meeting and said we want to own the pretentious American douche bag market then good for them, they nailed it.  But for me, that's a demographic that I wish would disappear all together.  These people are the backbone of many of the things that I despise and the Prius is just one of them.

I am not a fool, I understand that we need to improve things in various markets in order to carry on as a society.  I just don't agree with doing it by creating an awful vehicle that is marketed and catered to a niche of losers and douche bags.  I

No comments:

Post a Comment